Hey all, it’s me, Angie. As most of you know, I lived and from my vantage point, it’s kind of like I took a really long nap and woke up to a whole new body that can’t walk safely, talk long, or eat/swallow the same. The only things I don’t have a recollection of is the weekend before the accident and when I was in a coma and the accident itself.
Every day I spend 8+ hours in therapy working on my fine and gross motor skills at Hope Rehabilitation Center where Ryne, Nola, and I currently live. Things, like folding laundry and doing my hair and makeup, are challenging for me
I want to thank EACH of you for lifting my literal life up to our Papa in a desperate plea. I’m forever indebted to each of you individually for taking the time out of your busy lives and personal problems to ask our Papa to find a way to help me live.
As with every post I want to give you each a detailed update of answered prayer and the things I’m still looking for prayer and support in.
- We finally were approved for an accessible apartment and Ryne will be moving our things from our old apartment to the new one on June 1st.
- I discharge from Hope Networks inpatient facility on June 8th.
- I have been upgraded from a full-time wheelchair to an (almost) full time standing walker.
- I plan on walking a 5k with my PT soon.
- I’m still hurting because I feel my physical has changed a lot but not my psychological hasn’t necessarily.
- I’m not feeling God’s closeness to me in this, as much as I pray and read His word.
Feel free to email back or text or send me any questions you may have. Right now I plan to regularly update this myself.
With thanks and love to all of you,